Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mama's Little Helper

[caption id="attachment_123" align="aligncenter" width="655"]Ryu Helps Mama Ryu Helps Mama[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_126" align="aligncenter" width="655"]Baking with Mama Baking with Mama[/caption]

SONY DSC

It amazes me how big Ryu is now. I see him throughout the week, but even then I feel as if every morning that I see him he's just a little bit different. A lot has happened in the past year and I'm extremely happy that he has progressed greatly with his speech problem. I can still remember the time when we started the process of getting him into a school program to help his speech and it's so crazy how he talks so much.

I was making Siopao today and decided to take pictures for my blog and he comes into the kitchen and asks me what I was doing. I responded that I was cooking. He insisted on helping me so I let him make a few pieces of bread with the remaining dough I had. He wanted to add cheese to it as if it was pizza. He enjoyed helping me roll out the dough and using a cookie cutter to get the shape he wanted. I was also quite surprised that he was getting down and dirty with me considering how he's against getting dirty. I also love how he allowed me to take a picture of him with his huge smile! I'm not only surprised, but thrilled that he's willing to help me out on his own. I learn something new about Ryu everyday and I'm so proud to be his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment