- My weekend was all over the place there were some good times and then some bad times. I don't really want to reflect on what happened this weekend just because it was not the best weekend. I also was not in my best behavior. Let's just say all weekend I was a total bizznatch.
- I am eating wheat toast and homemade almond butter this morning. I am actually digging the flavor. I didn't think that I would enjoy it. However, I have to be careful with how much I eat because I can already feel my lips tingling. I hate having to be allergic to a lot of stuff.
- I am barely starting my Monday morning and I already want it to be the weekend. I am planning to spend my Saturday studying for my license and possibly cleaning. I believe Sunday I will be starting my Christmas shopping. I know a lot of you are thinking, WHAT? It's so early, it's only September. I know, but really if I don't start now I will do everything last minute and everyone will get crappy Christmas gifts since I would have to really budget.
- I am seriously not really in the mood to blog lately. I am not sure if it is because I am still going through my transition with my diet. I guess that leads me to not having pretty meals or not being able to cook something delicious and fun. Since my diet I have been lazy and I have been eating baked chicken or wheat toast with peanut butter. My diet consists of tons of water. I need to buy myself a grill so I can grill some delicious veggies and make a sandwich out of it! Ugh, torture.. I am torturing myself.
- This whole morning I have already taken 2 advils and it's barely 11. I am tired and my head is pounding. I am just spending my time listening to acoustic covers on YouTube. It helps me get through the day. I just want the day to be over already, lol. I think I really have the case of the Mondays!
- Last, but not least my garden is coming along up until yesterday I knocked a planter over and all my pretty and precious dill and rosemary that was growing got messed up. I think they are still fine, but now the are not in a row and I have no idea which is what.
- I'm telling you I had such a messed up weekend. I felt like everything bad just continuously kept happening.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Last weekend I worked on my first DIY with my friend Erika. She made two of these chalkboards to put up on her dining room walls. Not going to lie they look nothing like the professional grade chalkboards that I've seen on Pinterest, but hey there's a first for everything. I put the tutorial up under my DIY page. You should check it out and if you have any tips or tricks or if you try this yourself and have any comments you should definitely let me know. I am planning to work on another chalkboard within the next few weeks for our kitchen.
Leave it to me to be completely unprepared for this project. I also was not dressed for this. We just went to Lowes to pick up some gardening products and came back with this full on idea that we were going to tackle this. We didn't even bother to google anything. We eyeballed the project and honestly it didn't turn out so bad for a first trial run. However, I will definitely not listen to anymore sales person on the floor when I do any of my projects! They give you the worst advice or have you end up buying more items you don't necessarily need.
Ryu had a blast helping out (not spray painting, of course). I had him take a flat sponge brush and sort of just even everything out. It somewhat helped, but you can still see the splotches of the area where more paint was added.
Ryu has been wanting to help with a lot of the projects I want to do. I think I'll let him help a bit with some of the projects. I just had a good time being able to spend time doing something else besides just browsing online, lol.
Btw, I hope it starts to cool off soon. This ridiculous California weather that's on limbo isn't doing me any justice. It's been stupid hot and I am just over it. I'm ready for Fall to really kick in!
Don't forget to check out my DIY chalkboard under the DIY section of my page.! HERE
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
To start off into this whole world of working out, clean eating, and just getting healthy I started with changing my eating habits. If you have followed me over the years you would know that 1. I absolutely love food. 2. My weight tends to limbo a lot over the past several years, and 3. I have a very addictive personality. With that said I finally met my unhappy mark and point and decided that everything needs to change.
I started a food journal. Initially I would list everything that I ate good or bad I wrote it down. I made the effort of changing my eating habits a week and a half ago. Sure, I just started but at least I made the effort to. By owning a food journal I can clearly see where I need help on and how much of something I'm eating. I also made a habit to eat breakfast every morning when I am at work. I never ate breakfast before which would lead me to having a huge lunch I did not need.
The picture above was taken last night at home. I was commenting to Sean how round my face was and he told me to shut up. Looking back from the picture 3 weeks ago to last night I realized that I actually lost some weight. It was clearly showing up on my face. I apologize if the picture is dark. Our lighting at home sucks for pictures. When I used to take pictures I could see that I had an additional chin waiting to pop out in the pictures, but last night was the first night that I felt or saw some progress in what I was doing.
It motivates me to continue eating healthy. At home I make an effort to make sure that what I eat even snacks are snacks that I can have. I bought fruits and veggies to juice after my workout. I am looking forward to be able to continue eating healthy and from there I am trying to start working out at least 3-4 days out of the week. It is a start and so far I have gotten into the routine of eating healthy. I even cut down on beer! Can you believe that? I had one cocktail this weekend and that was it. I have just been drinking water and nothing else. No soda, no juice except for my juice that I make. I used to eat all sorts of junk and now I barely crave it. When I do Sean tells me to eat something else, something healthier.
I am aiming to get back on that healthy lifestyle bandwagon. I'm sure I can do it but of course it takes time. I started with my eating, and I'm hoping to push it to the working out stage of it all.
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
I keep coming in and out of building a habit. For a while I gave up once again and just got fed up with how much I seem to keep falling back. This time I made the decision to take it extremely seriously.
It's been a week and I have been eating properly. Sure there were a few things here and there I did not have to add to my diet, but by keeping a food journal I am able to look back at what I ate. I now can see what I need to do to adjust my eating habit. I also took the initiative to work out yesterday. It might not be much but it is a start. I am giving myself a month to get into a healthy habit. If not I think I am going to see if I can get a trainer to help me out.
I know that I can do this myself. I am determined and to be honest it's been week one and I have not had a glass of beer either. I think I will be fine if I keep my mind on the prize. It is about being fit and being healthy, but I am not going to lie about wanting to fit in my old clothes. I gave my friend most of my clothes from when I was skinny because I can barely fit into it. It's embarrassing when I have to give clothes away because it is just too small for me now.
[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="347"]
I am starting to work out to my old Jillian Michaels DVD's. I have tons of confidence that it will go well I just need to keep my head in the game. Hopefully I don't give up, but I'm sure once I start seeing results I won't be turning back. I have confidence that I will do fine. Sean was telling me that I have an obsessed or addictive personality. When I try something and I like it I push myself to do it. A good example is my gardening. He was saying once something sparks my interest I constantly work at it. He's right and I just need to get my mojo going with working out and putting out a specific image out there that I want for myself.
I think I should be fine! I have faith.
Sunday, September 1, 2013
It's time for another round of Coffee Monday. Not sure how many of you get a long weekend, but I'm one of those people that gets to enjoy this Monday off.
- First off I am glad we get a 3 day weekend. Although, I am not looking forward to how busy it is going to be on Tuesday. I am sure that we will be extremely busy with tons of mail, paperwork, and files to process.
- I spent most of my weekend with my friend Erika. It has been a fun two days with her. On Saturday we had lunch and we went to Lowes and got me some gardening products. We also had a nice lunch at Los Toros. Spent time talking about work, family, friends, and life. It's nice to be able to have another friend in my life that I can trust and be 100% comfortable with. It has been a while since I had spent time with someone doing something we enjoyed and being able to have fun without alcohol being involved, ha.
- My garden has grown incredibly over the weekend. I am currently obsessed with gardening and have spent tons of money getting my mini garden together. I ordered more seeds, bought more potting items, and have enjoyed every minute I got to spend in my little area outside. I only say this because I was willing to be out in the sun and get down and dirty just for these babies. I think that the love and care shows each day as these little buds start to blossom.
- Erika and I tackled our first DIY together. It's nothing fancy, but I am going to post more about it sometime this week. I am excited to tackle on more projects with her and Sean. Now that I am slowly budgeting my paycheck I can invest in something that benefits my family, our home, and most importantly it makes me happy. With so many bills I have always been stretching my budget to get by, but it is nice that I am able to take a little part of what I have left over and do something I enjoy.
- The picture above is of Erika. This is a little sneak peak of what we made. I am going to open a new category of my blog dedicated to the DIY projects that I tackle.
- My plants are doing wonderfully and I am excited to also open a section of my blog dedicated to gardening in a small area. I want to be able to write about how it is possible to grow organic produce in a small area of your home. Whether it is a balcony, a patio, or even indoors it is possible to do it!
Don't forget to link up and join me on Coffee Mondays!