Thursday, August 8, 2013

4th of July Recap

I'm a good month behind on my blog posts, but that's alright. At least I have a few stories lined up to share.

[caption id="attachment_739" align="aligncenter" width="740"]©2013ItsAbbyTime ©2013ItsAbbyTime[/caption]

This was the first time our family did something for Fourth of July. I believe the past several years we just stayed home. It was a pretty great experience overall, except for the heat.I felt like the heat was just extreme that day.

Initially we had nothing planned that day, but Sean's sister stopped by for a haircut that afternoon. She mentioned that they were off to Warner Center to watch the fireworks and invited us along. I had to wait for Sean to get off work and at first I wasn't sure if he was up to hang out all evening since he was at work all day.To be honest I'm glad we joined them. It was a fun experience and even though I had mediocre "fair food" I at least got to spend some good quality time with the family and Ryu enjoyed himself.

[caption id="attachment_734" align="aligncenter" width="740"]©2013ItsAbbyTime ©2013ItsAbbyTime[/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_735" align="aligncenter" width="386"]©2013ItsAbbyTime ©2013ItsAbbyTime[/caption]

We followed the kiddies to the playground at the park to have some playtime. Have you ever been to a kids area at a park, mall, or theme park when it's extremely busy? It's like being in a jungle. The playground was full with screaming, yelling, and crying kids everywhere. There were even children in the playground that were my height if not taller roaming around. I'm not going to lie, I was nervous. I don't mind Ryu playing in the play area, but there has been a few instances where Ryu's been hurt by bigger kids and their parents watch as if nothing happened. That is the kind of behavior I can't tolerate and it's not the child's fault. It's the parent that does not say anything about it. Therefore, I just like keeping my eyes on Ryu to make sure that nothing happens on his part or anyone else. We were there for a good minute and it was a bit difficult trying to keep up with which direction the children headed. It was a bit hectic in the play area and I was not even sure how any of the kids enjoyed themselves considering that it was a jungle!

As we headed back towards our area I bought the kids silly string to enjoy. It was definitely a rip off! I purchased it so that the kids could enjoy it. However, there was not much in the can. I felt bad because after a few sprays they ran out and I was very tempted to buy them another can, but I knew that they would be just as disappointed if they ran out quickly.

[caption id="attachment_737" align="aligncenter" width="740"]©2013ItsAbbyTime ©2013ItsAbbyTime[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_738" align="aligncenter" width="740"]©2013ItsAbbyTime ©2013ItsAbbyTime[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_736" align="aligncenter" width="740"]©2013ItsAbbyTIme ©2013ItsAbbyTIme[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_740" align="aligncenter" width="386"]©2013ItsAbbyTime ©2013ItsAbbyTime[/caption]

I also filmed the fireworks!

 

I can't wait to do this again next year! If we do not go to Warner Center hopefully we can spend time at another place just as memorable as this place. They had great fireworks! I have not posted all the videos up, but at least you get the idea of what we watched that evening. I enjoy spending quality time with my family. I also love that we get to take Ryu around like this. Growing up we experienced some quality time, but not the way that Ryu is getting to. I just feel very blessed and thankful for everything and everyone good in our lives.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Your son looks so cute in that hat! Crowded playgrounds can be exhausting but in the end worth it and so much fun for the little ones. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fourth of July celebrations and I especially loved it when my kids were young. The parades, the fireworks and of course all the food. this year we missed out on all of that but still had a great BBQ in Hong Kong. Take Care, BAM

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stephanie: Thanks! :) Crowded playgrounds are definitely exhausting and I'm glad the kids had a great time, but I was still quite terrified that a child could have gotten hurt.

    I guess I'm one of those mother's that gets so scared tell let their children venture off, ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Bam's Kitchen: Ooh! Hong Kong. I've never been there but it is definitely one of the locations I want to travel to one day. I have always been horrible with the grill and my boyfriend is vegan so there is not much BBQing going on here, lol.

    However, I recently did place a grill on my wishlist for future "meat" grilling parties.. hopefully I get one soon and I can experience having a few friends over to enjoy some homemade patties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww you guys make such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete